19 October 2010

Tired of Giving Up

Maybe I'm just stupid. I constantly find myself giving things up to hold on to what I have. Ten years ago I decided to head 800 miles south to start a new life and it's something I've questioned everyday since. I have it good here, no lie, but when I think of all the things I miss about home and the people I've left behind I really start to feel stupid. What did I expect from doing this? Sitting here in a nice house with two precious boys sleeping in their beds I can't help but feel very selfish about feeling so alone. I'm hung up on the thoughts of things I used to enjoy and the way of life I always imagined. Did I really think it would be ok to just say "never mind" to all of that? I've even been guilty of sacrificing a friendship because I was selfish with what it really meant to me. Another costly move. So I find myself once again giving up something else and pushing back what I miss the most .... for what? There is no rewind button and I am running out of time, it seems, to get things right. I don't even know what right is, let alone where to begin to find it. I'd cry out for help but there's no one to hear me. So what now? Do I give up on me too? Is that what it takes? I hope not because I am just not willing to do that. However, it seems that is the point it has come to. When do we finally get the courage to say I am giving up on giving up!!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had much chance to get on the computer at home, and can't read blogs at work, so I have just got to reading your posts, but if you ever need an ear... call me. I'll be glad to listen, I know what it is like to feel very conflicted and it seems like you could use someone to talk to. I may not have the most advice, but sometimes just getting things off your chest can really help. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete